April线上下载 LMF线上学习

主页 > 青岛幼儿英语课程 > 青岛少儿英语课程 > 青岛在线英语课程

Home>April English>News

迪克的故事(下)
2019-06-14

 Dick Whittington(下)

 

一周以后,菲茨沃伦先生请迪克来见他。

A week later, Mr. Fitzwarren asked Dick to see him.

菲茨沃伦:”这是你的薪水。拿着吧迪克。你干的不错。“

Mr. Fitzwarren: Here’s you wage. Take it Dick. You’ve done very well!”

迪克:”哇!整整一便士!我终于有钱花啦!我要去市场!“

Dick:” Wow!!! A whole penny. I can’t wait to go out and spend it! I’ll go to the market now!”

迪克去了城里最大的市场,里面上百个小摊。

Dick went to the the big city market. There were hundreds of stalls.

迪克:”我从没见过这么多卖东西的,几个小时也逛不完啊。

Dick: “ I’ve never seen so many things for sale. I could be here for hours.

”哇!猫咪!猫咪肯定能帮我赶走那些吵闹的老鼠。我要挑一只最大的猫!“

“Ah! Cats!! A cat will keep those noisy mice away! I’ll take the biggest one.”

迪克给猫咪取名汤姆。当晚,老鼠又跑出来了。这次,迪克可不怕它们了。

Dick called the cat Tom. That night, the mice appeared as usual. This time, Dick was ready for them.

迪克:”汤姆,抓住他们!“

Dick:” Tom, go get them!”

猫咪汤姆把所有的老鼠都赶回了老鼠洞里。

Tom the cat chased the mic back into their holes.

迪克:”干得漂亮汤姆。我终于可以睡个好觉了。“

Dick: ”Well done Tom, at last, I can get a good night’s sleep.”

几天后,菲茨沃伦先生把仆人们都召集到一起。

A few days laters, Mr. Fitzwarren called his servants together.

菲茨沃伦先生:”我有艘船要出海去做买卖了,Mr. Fitzwarren: “One of my ships is going on a selling trip.

“你们谁有想要卖掉的东西可以放到船上去。船今晚出发。”

“If you have anything you want to sell. It can go on the ship. It sails tonight.”

迪克:“我没别的东西,只有Tom。搞不好有人愿意花两便士买走汤姆呢?”

Dick:”I only have Tom to sell. Maybe someone will give me two pennies for Tom.”

 

 


迪克把猫咪放到了车上,运到了菲茨沃伦先生的船上。

Dick put his cat onto the cart that was going to Mr. Fitzwarren’s ship.

晚上,迪克又睡不着了。

That evening, Dick could sleep.

迪克:“把汤姆卖掉心里好难过。。。而且这些讨厌的老鼠又回来了。”

Dick:”I feel so bad about selling Tom..and the mice are back too.”

第二天,他困得东倒西歪,一整天都晕乎乎的。

The next day, he wandered around, half asleep.

加利夫人:“醒醒懒蛋!好好干活!”

Mrs. Curry:” Wake up, you lazy boy! Work harder!”

后来,加利夫人每天都让迪克干别人两倍多的活。

From then on, Mrs. Curry made Dick work twice as hard as anyone else.

迪克:“她太坏了,我真是受够了!我要回乡下去。”

Dick:” She’s so mean, and I’m so unhappy. I’m going back to the country!”

第二天一早,迪克悄悄溜出了房子。

Early one morning, he slipped out of the house.

他走啊走,都快走出伦敦了,突然听到了教堂的钟声。

He walked and walked until he had almost left London. Just them, church bells rang out.

迪克:“好奇怪啊,钟声好像是在叫我回去。

Dick:”That’s strange. The bells sound like they’re callingg to me.”

钟声:”快回去迪克惠丁顿,三任伦敦市长。快回去迪克惠丁顿,三任伦敦市长!“

Bell:” Turn again Whittington, thrice mayor of London. Turn again Whittington, thrice mayor of London.”

迪克:”钟声说让我回去,还说我以后会成为伦敦市长三次!好奇怪啊!“

Dick:” They are telling me to go back, and they are saying I’ll be the mayor three times. How odd!”

迪克觉得不可思议,但还是调头回到了菲茨沃伦先生家。

Dick could hardly believe his ears. But he went back to Mr. Fitzwarren’s house.

家里有个大惊喜。

A surprise was waiting for him.

菲茨沃伦先生:”恭喜你迪克!你赚大钱了!“

Mr. Fitzwarren: “ Congratulation, Dick. You’re rich!”

迪克:”啊?我?赚大钱?“

Dick:” Rich? Me?”

菲茨沃伦先生:“巴伯里王国的国王买了你的猫。

Mr. Fitzwarren: “The King of Barbary bought you cat.”

“他的宫殿里本来全是老鼠。汤姆把老鼠都赶跑了,国王给了你两袋金子。”

“His palace was full of mice and Tom chase them off. Here’s what he pays for Tom: two bags of gold!”

 

 


迪克:“这是真的嘛!我发财了!”

Dick: I can’t believe it! I’m rich!”

后来,迪克用赚来的钱做生意,像菲茨沃伦先生一样买进卖出。

Later, Dick used the money to buy and sell things, just like Mr. Fitzwarren.

他变成了城里最有钱的人。

He grew up to be on of the richest men in the city.

还有呢,钟声说的居然成真了。迪克确实成为了伦敦市长。还做了3次。

What’s more, the bell was right. Dick did became mayor of London…three times!”

”迪克万岁!“

“Hooray for Dick!”

”惠丁顿你真棒!“

“Wonderful Whittington!”

”市长大人您好!“

“Three cheers for the mayor.”

http://www.aprilenglish.net.cn/青岛艾蓓儿创艺英语,作为托福指定亚洲培训中心,拥有17年教学历史的世界级名校,专注于打造3-15岁少儿阶段的英语学习,采用的是外教加助教授课,全触屏视频设备, 美国研发教学、自学同步软件,专属亚洲少儿的课程教材,涉猎六大学科的知识,更具有创艺性的思考。培养学生的语言、思考、艺术,让学生在快乐中学习,在艺术中成长。青岛少儿英语培训不仅仅是知识的培训,更重要的是人际交流, 情商 、 智商双重提升! 电话:4000575563

Free Class

是,我已同意并接受《隐私条款》